Many broadcast engineers received training at the Cleveland Institute of Electronics – and many people still do – but the radio engineers we know mostly learned by reading and by doing. Jeff Welton has been part of engineers’ specialized education for years now. He shares insights on learning and specifics about keeping broadcast transmitters happy.
- ”Lightning Protection for Radio Transmitter Stations” (Nautel article)
- “Audio over IP: Building Pro AoIP Systems with Livewire” – Church/Pizzi
- “AM Directional Antenna Patterns” by Carl E. Smith
- Julius Barnathan – Pioneering television engineer
- “The Composite Signal – Key to Quality FM Broadcasting” – Geoff Mendenhall
- “Maintaining Audio Quality in the Broadcast Facility” – Orban/Ogonowski
TWiRT comes to you from The Telos Alliance Studio in Nashville, and is brought to you by Broadcasters General Store, with outstanding service, saving, and support. Online at BGS.cc. By the new Ruby console from Lawo. See Lawo in your future at lawo.com/twirt. And by Angry Audio – audio problems disappear when you get Angry at AngryAudio.com