Nashville, Tennessee, is known not only Country music, but for the early studios that recorded Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, Brenda Lee, the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan. Some of the first recording engineers worked full-time at WSM and other radio stations. Our guest, Mike Porter, shows us the microphones used in recording some of the most familiar and popular songs in history, and takes us on a tour of Columbia Studio A and Studio B – the Quonset Hut – on Nashville’s Music Square.
- The Quonset Hut Studio – from Wikipedia
- Bradley Studios’ Quonset Hut and the Nashville Sound
- Country Music’s Biggest Hits Recorded In Legendary Quonset Hut Studio
- Inside Nashville's famous Quonset Hut studio – Report from the CBC
- Owen Bradley's “Quonset Hut” on Facebook
TWiRT comes to you from The Telos Alliance Studio in Nashville, and is brought to you by Broadcasters General Store, with outstanding service, saving, and support. Online at BGS.cc. By the new Ruby console from Lawo. See Lawo in your future at lawo.com/twirt.
By Calrec and the Calrec Type R console system for radio – the building blocks for your station. And by Angry Audio – audio problems disappear when you get Angry at AngryAudio.com