We know that digital broadcast equipment handling real-time media needs a common time reference. PTP – Precision Time Protocol – is used in many time-sensitive industries, and it’s perfect for broadcast gear, too. Greg Shay, CTO at the Telos Alliance, joins us, along with Shaun Dolan to discuss both the science behind and the practical application of PTP Clock standards and devices.
- Precision Time Protocol at Wikipedia
- Network Time Protocol at Wikipedia
- MEINBERG PTP Track Hound – Free PTP analysis software
- Calrec – Beginners Guide to IP
- Introduction to Livewire+ (includes AES67 & PTP clock info)
TWiRT comes to you from The Telos Alliance Studio in Nashville, and is brought to you by Broadcasters General Store, with outstanding service, saving, and support. Online at BGS.cc. By the new Ruby console from Lawo. See Lawo in your future at lawo.com/twirt.
By Calrec and the Calrec Type R console system for radio – the building blocks for your station. And by Angry Audio – audio problems disappear when you get Angry at AngryAudio.com