Engineers seek out tools and products to get the job well done while saving money. It’s important to be frugal when you can, so you’ll have the resources for when you can’t. Chris Tobin, Andrew Zarian, and Kirk Harnack look at some low-cost solutions for radio engineers.
Links from the show:
- BM 8000 Studio Condenser Mic
- Mic Pop Filter for many side-address condenser mics
- Behringer HA400 4–Channel Headphone Amp
- CR2032 Batteries for many PC motherboards
- Behringer Xenyx 1204USB
- Grandstream 4-Line ATA (SIP to POTS adapter)
- Refurbished Dell 755 Core2Duo for PC-based projects
- Radio World Magazine
- ARRL Hints & Kinks book – 18th Edition
TWIRT IS SPONSORED BY
Lawo and the crystalCLEAR virtual radio console – crystalCLEAR is the console with a multi-touch touchscreen interface. By the incredible Omnia.11 FM HD audio processor. Get a free upgrade to Omnia.11 3.0 today. And by Axia and the family of Axia xNodes. Upgrade to xNode version 2.0 for free, and get mixing, routing, and more!