Making money from Internet streaming has a key prerequisite: Getting the tech right! These days, broadcasters’ streaming audio can encompass a lot more that just encoding the Program feed. With proper metadata signalling a broadcaster can insert targeted ads – just what advertisers are looking for. Sam Sousa is the Senior Solutions Consultant at Triton Digital and joins us to explain what makes this targeting possible.
- Triton Digital Support FAQs – lots of great technical info here
- Triton Audio Streaming info
- Guide to Metadata insertion
- Telos Z/IPStream R/2 stream encoder with Triton Station Manager functionality
- Software Defined Radio technology – A Technical Introduction
- MPXTool and Looking Glass – broadcast-specific applications of SDR
TWiRT comes to you from The Telos Alliance Studio in Nashville, and is brought to you by Broadcasters General Store, with outstanding service, saving, and support. Online at BGS.cc. By the new Ruby console from Lawo. See Lawo in your future at lawo.com/twirt. And by Angry Audio – audio problems disappear when you get Angry at AngryAudio.com